For late submissions please contact Muneeb Qayyum at firstname.lastname@example.org
17th World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition WWEC2018
“RE-ENERGIZING THE DEVELOPING WORLD”
November 28-29, 2018 | Technical Tour on November 30
The World Wind Energy Association (WWEA) and Renewable Resources Pvt Ltd. Pakistan (RE2) are pleased to invite papers and presentations for the 17th World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition (WWEC2018), taking place on November 28-30, 2018 in Karachi, Pakistan.
The main theme of WWEC2018 is “RE-energizing the Developing World”
WWEC2018 will focus on the opportunities offered by innovation and modernization of wind energy in particular and renewable energy in general to meet growing energy demands of the developing countries in an affordable and reliable way, based on domestic renewable resources and without exacerbating climate change risks. A renewables based economy offers unique opportunities for economic growth and prosperity.
Special attention will also be given to the identification of challenges faced by developing countries including Pakistan while deploying wind energy. Moreover, integrated policy, regulatory and technological solutions and business models will also be at the center stage of the conference.
Wind energy experts from all over the world will gather at WWEC2018 to discuss lessons learned and success stories in the renewable energy sector.
WWEA and RE2 invite the wind and renewable energy community from around the world to join us to help make the benefits of renewable energy available for all human beings.
The official conference language will be English.
Abstracts are invited on the following topics:
A. Integration of Wind Power into Energy Systems
- Wind Energy Integration into grid
- Grid strengthening through Grid Friendly RE Generation
- SMART Grid Technologies
- Managing variability
- Wind Forecasting Techniques
- Assessment of Generation Flexibility
B. Integrated Solutions: Round the Clock/Year RE Supply
- Hybrid Systems both on and off grid
- Off-grid Wind Energy Systems
- Energy Storage Technologies Including Batteries, Pumped Storage Hydro, Hydrogen etc
- Virtual Power Plants
- Sector coupling
C. Creating New Wind and RE Markets in Developing Countries
- National, Regional and International Wind Energy Policies and Regulations
- Development of Wind Markets around the World
- Finance and Business Models
- Capacity Building, Training and Education
- Environmental Impacts
- Zero Emission/Zero Carbon Energy Transition
D. Community Power
- Community-based Wind and RE Models
- In the developed world and
- In the developing world
E. Wind Technology
- Cutting-edge innovation in Wind Turbine Technology
- Wind Farm Development
- Resource Assessment
- Operations & Maintenance, Supply Chain and Logistics
- Off-shore Wind Technology
There will also be an “All the Renewables” Session.
All abstracts should be written in English, be concise and clearly state results, objectives or key components of the paper – as well as the topic to which it belongs. They should not exceed 500 words and should contain a list of key words. Abstracts should be submitted before 20 January 2018 31 January 2018 . Please choose one of the presentation types: Oral presentation/Poster presentation
- Deadline for Paper Abstract Submission: 20 January 2018 Extended till 31 January 2018
- Notification of the Accepted Papers to the first Author: 15 February
- Deadline for Pre-registration of Authors: 28 February
- Early bird deadline: 28 February
- Full paper submission during the conference onsite
- World Wind Energy Association (WWEA)
- Renewable Resources Pvt Ltd. Pakistan (RE2)
- Hon. Peter Rae AO, President WWEA
- Air Marshal Shahid Hamid (Retd), Vice President WWEA
- Dr. Irfan Afzal Mirza, CEO RE2
- Stefan Gsänger, Secretary General WWEA